Links at top of page

Followers

Wednesday 10 March 2010

I might have mumps!!!

My throat is no better. It is hard to swallow. I went into school today and was greeted with the comments "your face is swollen.You look like you have mumps" A phone call to NHS Direct and they said no contact with any children and I was sent straight home. My kids had mumps 4 years ago and I do have all the same symptoms they had. I looked in the mirror and my face is swollen. I have no jaw line!
I do feel a bit better in myself which means I am up to making a card or two!!



I received a Sweet Pea stamp from Angela (In my quiet time). Thank you so much Angela. You must visit her blog as her cards are really amazing. Last night I made up a quick card with it. I already had the frame cut out ( Sizzix die) and painted with Ranger Crackle paint. The image was coloured with Promarkers  which you can buy here and I then rubbed Tim Holtzs Distress Stickles over the whole image which you can't see on the photo which is a shame as it gives such a shimmery effect.The flower I made from paper from a cheap dictionary.
Love sarah XXX

13 comments:

  1. Oh so DELIGHTFUL, I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling better hon...and i thought man flu was bad....your card is beautiful..love the image...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame and the sweet stamp, beautiful card! Hope you are feeling better real soon! Hugs Lambi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Sarah, ot good if it is mumps. But look on the bright side, no work so more crafting as long as you feel up to it, not so good it you don't.

    And looks like you made a good start today anyhow.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a stunning card, fab image and love how you`ve framed it and the torn paper and flower are fabby.hope you feel better soon hun.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful card! Love the gorgeous image and frame! and your dictionary flower looks fabulous!
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a gorgeous card!! Love the newspaper detail! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah!
    Just noticed that I had won your candy!! Am I too late? Have had some pretty hectic weeks and not been into my blog... :(
    Big hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! Feel better soon Sarah.xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello friend, just wanted send a big thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a lovely comment....it made my day:)Hope you're feeling better real soon....oh and your card is beautiful! Your coloring is amazing.


    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!! MUMPS! I didn't even realize that mumps were still something that people got any more - sorry if that sound dumb, but I haven't heard of anyone having them in a long time! I've never had them and neither did either of my children. Sure hope you are better SOON! Take care of yourself and do lots of card making, I'm sure it helps! Big HUGS! J:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. And forgot to say - feel better soon!! Don't know what MUMPS is.... something serious? :/
    Hopefully you'll get well soon!
    Big hug again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful Sarah!! I love the Frame you added and the soft spring colors is just perfect!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails