Links at top of page

Followers

Friday 12 March 2010

Papertake Weekly #36 and some more sad news

My mum rang me yesterday to say that my dads best friend had died yesterday morning. It was very sudden and unexpected. It was a shock to them as they had all been out shopping the day before and he seemed in fine spirits. My parents came to England in 1963 and made friends with Uncle Michael and his wife Pauline straight away. Dad and Uncle Michael  were like brothers and I have fond memories as a child going to their house for tea and playing Scrabble. Mum said dad has taken it very bad and cried for a long time. He has to mourn the loss of his dear friend. Dad is nearly 85 and suffers severe asthma so we are all concerned about his health at the moment. We are going to visit them tomorrow and hopefully dad will be feeling a bit better.
When these sad things happen we need to take the time to appreciate family and friends who are still with us as we don't know what tomorrow will bring! This is the card I will send to Aunty Pauline.

On a cheerier note
At last I have had chance to enter a challenge. This is my entry for Papertake Weekly - a sketch.
I have used one of my new Instyle stamps. I really love these stamps. They remind me of the cartoon part of Samantha from Bewitched. Goodness I am showing my age. |I was a little girl at the time! I have coloured her with Promarkers  which you can buy here
Love sarah XXX
 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Lovin both cards. FABULOUS work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on this weeks sketch and a great choice of colours you have used...thanks for joining us at PTW :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sarah how sad for your family and especially hard on your poor dad. Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did your parents originate from?
    Love both cards and I have to agree with you she does remind me too of Samantha in Bewitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! really sorry to hear about your dads friend. I am sure this card will help to bring them, as will the beautiful words in Psalms that you have quoted on your card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails