Links at top of page

Followers

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Decoupage with a digital image

I recently did a tutorial for Passion for Promarkers. 
If you never saw it on their blog you can catch it here. I will post the second part of the tutorial tomorrow.
Decoupage using a Digital image

Decoupage is still very popular and can be done easily with rubber stamps. You can also decoupage with Digital images. This tutorial will show you how to do it easily.
The image I have used is Whimsical Girl Heart Garden from Bee Crafty.
 
1. First I printed the image 4 times using Photo Printing Wizard onto good quality white cardstock ( about 250 gsm)




2. I then coloured one image with my Promarkers. My 2 main colours are Mango and Bright Green. This isn't necessary as this is the base image which will be layered but I think it gives a more professional look.


3. I then cut out the image, in this case  using a Nestability die.





4. I have then coloured and cut out various parts of the  image from the remaining 3 images.




4. Here is a close up of the cut out images.




5. If you don't have many Promarkers and want to use shading on your images you can go over your colouring with the same colour to deepen it. In this case I have gone over the Mango with the same Mango pen on the left side of the image. I have done the same with the Bright Green. This will give the shaded effect




6. I have layered the pieces on top of each other with foam pads.



7. Next I have used Glossy accents over the heart shape flowers and sprinkled tiny yellow accent beads. The Glossy accents is clear and will act as a glue to hold the beads in place.



And there you have a decoupaged image made from a digital image.

I would love to read any comments you may have
Love Sarah XXX

6 comments:

  1. I'm new to stamping and wouldn't have thought of doing that! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah. Thank you for your lovely comments while i've been away recovering... i'm glad you've joined our new challenge blog too. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Sarah! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! Thank you for your lovely comment :-) I love this tutorial, my favourite bit is where you use the Glossy Accents to add the tiny beads, that's a fab effect. I love Glossy Accents so much, I think I love its handy properties as a glue almost more than using it as an accent like you're supposed to! Unfortunately I won't be at Olympia or NEC :-( I'm in 'design' mode for the next few weeks to get the next set of designs finished!! But next time I'm at a show of course I'll come and see you!! Dulcie xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails