Links at top of page

Followers

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Magnolia Easel card






 Here is a commissioned card. A girl who works with my husband asked if I could make a 40th Wedding Anniversary card for her sister. It had to be red (for Ruby) and she said they liked to read books.
As I am very much in Easel card mode the style was easy. I used a sitting Tilda and Edwin which I coloured with Promarkers. The books are also a Magnolia stamp which I coloured with PM's too. The papers are from my faithful dotty stack.
I am really pleased with how this card turned out.
This card also fits the challenge at Sarah Hurley challenges for whom I am GDT this month. The challenge is to colour in

Thank you for stopping by
Love Sarah x

challenges entered
Charisma Cardz challenges  - more than one fold

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, sorry I am not round much at the moment but work has completely taken over at the moment. (If you have SIP visits to your school that's what I do). It will all slow down in December.
    Love this card - it fits the brief so well and I am sure your husband's colleague will love it for her sister.
    Take care. B xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Sarah, perfect for your commission. Love that spotty paper! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card sarah.love the images and gorgeous colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sarah!
    The recipients will love this.
    You've fulfilled your brief perfectly. Cute images for the happy couple, sitting on books, and with a ruby colour scheme. Couldn't wish for anything more.
    I love easel cards too, but I fear they're all I make now! Must motivate myself to try something new!

    Take care
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Sarah

    Absolutely adorable !

    Yes, easel cards are very addictive, it was only after looking for something on my blog the other day that I realised I'd been making them for over a year. So I reckon that means they are here to stay.

    Are you going to the NEC this year ??

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Sarah! You really designed the card with your client in mind, creating the books for them to sit on was so clever! Super job! Hugs, J:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sarah, sweet image and fab colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah,

    This looks great!!! what a lovely card for such an occasion! Love that they're sitting on those piles of books, love books! Hi hi! Very lovely in ruby red!
    Hope you're enjoying the day.
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. so so gorgeous!!!! Loving the red!! I love polka dots and those pile of books are just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sarah, just beautiful!! I love it, wanna send it to me?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails